Oct 25, 2011

The Goody Bun Screw: A Triumphant Advancement in Hair-Putting-Up Technology

I was wandering around CVS a few weeks ago waiting for a prescription to be refilled, so on impulse I bought a Goody Bun Screw. Because, haha, I'm a twelve year old boy and, bun screw. And because my hair looks decent up in a bun, but of course I'm remedial at making my hair be in one. My hair has what we'll call a very well-defined sense of self--you can ask it nicely, but you can't order it around.

This thing is amazing! All you have to do is kind of get your hair into the idea of a bun, and then you put it over your sort-of-bun and twist. And it looks DONE. No more playing roulette with an elastic band hoping for the one-in-a-thousand moment when it actually looks good and you can barely see the band...but then everything flops out to the side. How many times do YOU try and retry until you just decide "whatever it's fine who cares?" I think I've topped out at three.



With the Goody Bun Screw, it's perfect the first time and it looks so good. It looks like there should be a thousand bobby pins in there, but it's really as simple as it sounds. Plus it holds. I wear mine at yoga. I run with it in. And you'll have to come back and see if I can post some pics of my actual hair to prove it (it's hard to get the back ya know?), but rest assured it really for real looks like this:

The best part is, you just throw it in your purse or gym bag and you've got a backup hairstyle ready in an emergency. It won't stretch out like an elastic band, or snap--mine's been knocking around my purse for ever and it doesn't seem like it's going to break any time soon. Even the TSA was cool with it when I went to LA last month, and I was certain I'd have to explain it to someone.

I swear no one is paying me to say this, either. Nor am I begging for freebs, because what would I even do with more than one?

But I'm someone who spent the entire first 16 years of her life fighting with her hair, and then the past 13 years just walking around under whatever it decides to do that day. I'd never keep something that virtually guarantees you a Good Hair Day a secret. Enjoy.




Image via.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...