Aug 9, 2011

Day 2: I Throw Some Money At The Situation

Day 2 of the 30-Day Yoga Challenge


Salvation?
Had to do the laundry today--it takes me about three hours to do since I hate the laundromat and leave it for the last possible day, so I couldn't make the 6p "Realign to Refine" class at my gym:
Focus on your breath while flowing through postures. Develop awareness of your mind, body & spirit. Be adjusted by an additional Jivala teacher during this class to help refine your flow. All levels Heated.
Constant adjustment! Which would have been buckets of fun, right? To have the very thing that was spazzing me on Sunday be happening all the damn time? I guess the point of the class is that the other instructor is nit-picky so maybe I wouldn't have felt bad about it.  Things to be found-out-about next week.


So I spent the night talking to my mom, aka The Google, typing things like "how do I not break my neck during hot yoga?" The Internet seems to think that a yogitoes mat towel will solve my slipping problem. It has sweat-wicking material on one side and silicon nubbins on the other so that it doesn't slide off your mat. Everyone goes on and on in the comments about how amazing it is, and one lady even admitted turning it upside down and letting the nubbins keep her feet in place during warrior poses. She's my hero--people, you can cheat at yoga! My existential junk has no problem with that. They're ridiculously expensive, but I found them for a few dollars less on Amazon, and since I'm doing this at the gym for free instead of plunking down over a hundred bucks for a month at Hot Box in Manayunk, fifty bucks seems like a doable investment.

The bonus is that I don't actually have a whole bunch of money to fritter away, so making any kind of monetary investment signals to my brain that I Am Actually Going To Do This. It's why I bought myself an iPod when I started going to the gym, and why I buy new First Date dresses that I am not allowed to wear unless and until I actually go out on a date.

I did not, however, signal to my brain that I was actually going to spring for overnight shipping, so while my yogitoes is making it's way toward me, I'll me using a hand towel for the rest of this week and maybe putting antiperspirant in strange new places.





Further misadventures at the 30 Day Yoga Challenge page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...